I enjoyed doing a quick chat with Mary Beth and Alex on WREG TV in Memphis last Friday, October 18, the day after I arrived in Memphis.
Here is my link to the TV “Live at Nine” Show:
Janet Moreland is woman on a mission and is paddling her way down the Mississippi River.
She actually started on this Missouri River in Montana and is making her way to the Gulf of Mexico.
Before she’s done, she will have traveled more than 3,700 miles on her exciting expedition
Posted on: 11:24 am, October 18, 2013, by Nancy B. Allen
I had a fantastic welcoming when I arrived in Memphis.
I am laying over at Dale and Meriam’s beautiful home in Memphis.
I went on a great overnight camp/guide party with Wolf River Conservancy, on the Wolf River.
The rest of us had a great time hanging out around the fire, and spent a leisurely morning breaking camp. What fun it was paddling through the swamps of Ghost River and into Spirit Lake, where Cypress trees make up 65% of the forest, and Tupelo Gum trees the other 35%. Just incredible scenery!
And, tomorrow I fly to Bend, Oregon to co-present at the Conservation Lands Foundation Friends Rendezvous for the entire weekend. WOW! From solitude on the Mississippi to LOTS going on.
I will try and post some Mississippi River photos from the last few weeks. What a fantastic river to paddle, and a whole new adventure. I probably won’t be going back to post the Missouri until after the expedition is over, which I anticipate will be close to the first of December.
Please check out my facebook page at LoveYourBigMuddy Expedition for Current Events!
Do what you love and love what you do!
6 thoughts on “Solo Kayaker Treks 3700 Mile Adventure to the Gulf of Mexico”
It has been an absolute joy and privilege to share your time in Memphis. Please keep on sharing your expedition with us and safe travels.
Thanks, Papaw. You’re the best!
Wow!! Congratulations on getting to Memphis & your wonderful trip through the Cypress/Tupelo swamp–you’re seeing so many wonderful places! Enjoy the break to Oregon & good luck addressing the folks there & sharing your amazing adventure! Bon Voyage!
A captivating live interview but just a mere glimpse of this amazing woman on her incredible journey and epic, record-making adventure! Consider myself very honored and blessed to have met and bonded with my River Sister, such good times and great laughs! And now more hearts to capture at Bend, OR, and then back to the wild miles on the Mississippi onward to the Gulf. She has totally captured mine!!!! Prayers for travel mercies and safety on and off the water! Hugs & Blessings, my dear friend!
Im in north dakota by cattail bay (winnoa) Im glad you are making it
Frank, that is awesome! Have you watched on Facebook? I am so sorry I did not get a photo of you and the others. That was such a unique encounter. I loved it! Would you mind sending me your email address? Warm thanks!